In Year 2, our children are able to explore all areas of learning through interactive topics and a hands-on approach to the National Curriculum. Our topics help to inspire our books in Literacy, and we use them holistically across the breadth of the curriculum; from Maths to Science to Art!
Our topics are:
- Maggots and Medicine - A study of significant nurses throughout history, including Florence Nightingale.
- Eager Explorers - Using simple fieldwork and observational skills to study the local area and the wider world.
- Mystery, Magic and Marvellous Creations - Looking at toys in the past and how they compare to our modern day play.
- From Dragons to Dim Sum - A contrasting country study of China, learning about human and physical geography.
- Fire Frenzy - Learning about The Great Fire of London and its impact on modern day firefighting and safety.
- Sensational Southern Africa - A study of Southern Africa and its weather patterns and physical geography.
Year 2 is an amazing year for the children, with lots of exciting things to look forward to! We have been on fantastic trips in the past, including the Florence Nightingale Museum and The London Eye. We also put on a Nativity production every year, and the children love getting dressed up and performing under the stage lights.
What a fantastic year group we are!