Policies & Documents
At Dorchester Primary School our Staff and Governors seek to foster a safe, secure and challenging educational environment, where all pupils shine and reach their full potential at every stage of their education. We want the whole school community, pupils, staff, parents/carers and the local community to know their views are important and will be listened to.
We question and challenge discrimination and inequality, resolve conflicts peacefully and work and learn free from harassment and violence.
We recognise that there are similarities and differences between individuals and groups but we will strive to ensure that our differences do not become barriers to participation, access and learning and to create inclusive processes and practices, where the varying needs of individuals and groups are identified and met. We therefore cannot achieve equality for all by treating everyone the same.
We will build on our similarities and seek enrichment from our differences and so promote understanding and learning between and towards others to create cohesive communities.
At Dorchester Primary School we:
· Strive to achieve equality of opportunity for all, adults and pupils.
· Educate all about discrimination and prejudice and promote a harmonious environment.
· Strive for all pupils to achieve the highest possible standards in their learning and make good progress.
· Ensure that the appointment of staff is in line with equal opportunities legislation.
· Ensure that the governing body of the school reflects that of the wider community.
· Identify barriers to learning and participation to meet a diversity of needs.
This is reviewed each year to ensure that we comply with the Public Sector Equality Duty.
If you require a paper copy of any policies or documents on our website, please contact the school office who will be able to provide you with these.