Deleting Your Account
Deactivation puts your account in a queue for permanent deletion from Twitter. Deactivation is not available on mobile devices and must be done by accessing twitter.com on the web.
To deactivate your account:
- Sign in to twitter.com on the web.
- Go to your Account settings
- Then click on Deactivate my account at the bottom of the page.
- Read the account deactivation information. Click Okay, fine, deactivate account.
- Enter your password when prompted and verify that you want to deactivate your account.
Before you deactivate your account, you should know:
To make your username or email address available for re-use before deactivating your account:On the web, go to your Settings page from the drop-down menu under the profile icon. In the username field, choose a new username.In the email address field, change your email address to a new address you own.Confirm the new email address via a link we send to you (very important!)Your email and username will now be available to use on a new account if you choose to sign up again during the 30 day deactivation period.Proceed with deactivation as listed above.