What's the Privacy Checkup and how can I find it?
You can use the Privacy Checkup to review and adjust your privacy settings to help make sure that you’re sharing with who you want.
To use the Privacy Checkup:
- Click at the top of any page on Facebook (ex: your homepage)
- Select Privacy Checkup
- The Privacy Checkup will help you review who sees your posts, your settings for apps you’ve logged into with Facebook and who can see info from your profile like your phone number and email address.
Where are my privacy settings?
Your privacy settings page has a group of general controls for your Facebook account.
To view and adjust your privacy settings:
- Click in the upper-right corner of any Facebook page
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu
- Select Privacy on the left
- Click a setting (ex: Who can see your future posts?) to edit it
- You can also quickly view and adjust some of the most used privacy settings and tools from your Privacy Shortcuts at the top right of any Facebook page.
- To control the privacy for posts, photos and other stuff you share on your Timeline, you can choose your audience when you post.
A key setting to be aware of in Facebook is "Who can see your future posts?". The four options can be seen in the screenshot below. In order to keep safe and prevent non logged in users being able to view content, set this option to "Friends" so that you must approve users before giving them access to your content.