These are the routine events that FODS organises throughout the school year, but we are always looking for more ways that we can help raise funds for our school, and enrich the children's time at Dorchester!
More details and exact dates are provided as each event approaches.
- Macmillan coffee morning – held before school, this is a great opportunity to meet and chat with other parents/carers, whilst sipping a warm drink and nibbling on a yummy treat – and all for a great cause too!
- Christmas cards – each child creates a Christmas design which is then made available for their parents/carers to order as packs of cards or gift labels.
- Christmas Fair – with a great range of prize-winning stalls, games and festive craft, this is a fun-filled family event to kick start your Christmas spirit!
- Christmas discos – held in the early evening during the last week of school before the Christmas break, there is an earlier disco for Reception and KS1, followed by another for KS2. Groovy music, DJ participation, a drink and a snack – good times!
- Mothers' Day shop – gifts are generously donated by parents/carers. Then for a small amount, the children can choose a gift for the important lady in their life, which is then wrapped for them to take home.
- Easter Bunny – this long-eared, big-footed character visits all the classrooms, bringing smiles and a sweet treat from the Easter basket – yummy!
- Fathers' Day event – an opportunity for the children to buy a gift for the important man in their life.
- Summer Fair – interactive fun and games for all the family, exciting stalls, amazing raffle prizes, delicious food, fab entertainment...a great afternoon out!
- Summer discos – as with the Christmas discos, there is an earlier one for Reception and KS1 followed by another for KS2. There is also a separate Year 6 leavers disco.
- Year 6 leavers yearbooks and hoodies – these wonderful yearbooks are full of memories of the children's' time at Dorchester, and the purple hoodies are a great reminder too!
There are also a number of cake sales and mufti days through the year, to help raise funds and collect donations